Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ranch Cookies

This is my favorite cookie ever. I could eat my weight in the dough alone. All other cookies are compared to these and I haven't ever found a replacement.

Here is a small list of why they tower over all other cookies:
Ranch cookies have the perfect consistency; a combination of chewy and soft.
This recipe is super easy and takes very little time to whip up and enjoy.
They are divine straight out of the oven and just as deelish the following day.
The cookie dough alone is worth making these. I have delivered these cookies in dough balls to friends...it is that good.
These cookies are super healthy. Oatmeal is one of the many ingredients.
To top it all off, this recipe comes from one of the best people on the planet, "aunt" Annie Belle.

Ingredients:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1/2 cup shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups oatmeal
1 1/4 cup coconut
1 cup cornflakes
1-12 ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions:
Cream together the sugars, butter, shortening, vanilla and eggs. Add the rest of the ingredients until combined. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Do not overcook.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I am so impressed with the background and all of the recent entries. I guess I better get on the ball and find a recipe that is worthy of posting!