Saturday, November 21, 2009

Meatloaf

That's right.... my very first post. The only veggie-tarian in the fam posting up MEATLOAF! I know, I know! All in the name of a boy... Hopefully he's worth it?

I think I am jumping the gun on this one to be honest.... It is currently baking, and I guess we'll see if it even turns out! I just was way too excited for MY VERY FIRST POST to hold off!

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
1/2 (1 ounce) package dry Ranch-style dressing mix
1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, combine meat, eggs, ketchup, stuffing mix, ranch dressing mix and fried onions.
Shape into loaf and fit into 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
Bake, covered loosely with foil, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes, or until meat is thoroughly cooked.

5 comments:

Meghan said...

Rachel, I am shedding tears right now because I'm such a proud big sis! It is a momentus day for the fam. Your first blog post was huge, the fact that it's meat loaf...I'm speechless! Congrats!! By the way this recipe sounds delicous, keep us posted on how it turns out!

Nicole said...

I never thought I would see the words "beef" and "Rachel" so near each other! Jess swears he married me because of my skills in the kitchen. You better watch out Rach...do I smell a proposal!!!!?

Pam said...

I just got up off my knees in a prayer of gratitude in behalf of my baby girl! Hallelujah and pass the meatloaf! Be sure to post as soon as a proposal is forthcoming, or at least the number of stars this recipe deserves, it sounds delicious, I will have to bake some for Daaaaady!

Rachel said...

The first comment I received regarding the meatloaf was from dear Caitlyn... She came up from playing the Wii with Ax and said "Whatever that is you are making... it smells real bad!" But both of the girls (Syd consumed more than Ax I think) ate it and Ax approved. "Tastes like normal meatloaf!" was Ax's response. Which is a complement I guess? He asked me to keep the leftovers for "meatloaf sandwiches" (must be a Native American dish) So I guess it did turn out!

Rachel said...

P.S. Ax doesn't know about the flaring of the nostrils and I didn't taste it.... so I can't really rate it on the flare meter. Sorry to let you all down.