Monday, November 1, 2010

Cheesy Peesy Muffins

I just made these to go with a new soup recipe I tried. I'm not posting the soup recipe just yet as I have not deemed it blog worthy. Once we finish dinner a decision will be made and you will know how it was with a post, or lack thereof. Let's just say I hope it deserves a post because I have enough soup to feed my family for no less than 27 days.

As far as these little beauties go, I am surprised I haven't made a special spot for them here where food is love. They are REALLY good, REALLY cheesy, and REALLY easy. Could there be a better side for soup? I doubt it.

A few suggestions from a cheese muffin professional; if you have extra batter, fill a few mini muffin tins and enjoy them straight from the oven before your family even has a clue what's being served for din. Also, eat them while they are warm. They pretty much just melt.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup melted butter

Directions:
Whisk together dry ingredients, then stir in cheese. In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk and butter together. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine. Bake in greased muffin tins at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

This recipe makes 12 muffins. When I want to make only six, I combine all the dry ingredients, place half of it in a plastic baggie and follow the recipe with only half of the remaining ingredients. Then I have a little goodie just waiting to be thrown together for another meal. Cheesy peesy!

2 comments:

Pam said...

THREE cups of cheese for 12 muffins? Oh my they must be heavenly!!

BRooKe said...

Yum! I think you made these bad boys one time when you made black bean soup and I wanted to eat all of them! :) I will be wanting to make these ASAP! Thanks for sharing this!