Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Roasted Vegetables

I've been eating healthy for the week (yes, it is Tuesday so that translates into two whole days, but it counts!) so I have been on the hunt for great tasting food that consists of healthy ingredients. This fit the bill PERFECTLY! I don't know if I was just starving or if this was, in fact, the best round of veggies on the planet, but no kidding, I am now obsessed with this dish. I'm actually counting down the hours until I can eat another helping.

Ingredients:
1 small butternut squash, cubed
2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
1 sweet potato peeled and cubed
3 Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
1 red onion, quartered
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Salt
Pepper

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Cut up the vegetables so that they are in bite sized chunks, similar in size. In a large bowl, combine all the veggies making sure that the onion pieces are separated. In a small bowl, stir together thyme, rosemary, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss with vegetables until they are coated. Spread evenly on a large roasting pan. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through and browned.

No comments: