During the holidays some neighbors gave Ma a bottle of vanilla syrup. Divine vanilla syrup! It was creamy, full of flavor, and different than the regular buttermilk syrup we all know and love. For our dining pleasure, I tracked down the recipe. Take one look at the amount of butter and you will know why I am obsessed.
Ingredients:
4 cubes butter
2 cups sugar
1 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions:
Cook butter, sugar and buttermilk over medium heat until boiling. Remove from heat and add soda and vanilla. You can use it right away, but it will thicken a bit upon standing. It will last for about two weeks in the fridge.
1 comment:
Oh my! Not sure I can make this knowing there is a pound of butter involved! No wonder it was so good! Glad to see this blog has not been completely abandoned!
Post a Comment