Monday, March 8, 2010

O'Henry Bars

Nicole and I decided it was critical that this recipe be posted! It is the perfect solution to all late night cravings involving peanut butter and chocolate! And the best part is that it takes mere minutes to prepare, so there is no wait time involved!

Combine in saucepan and bring to a boil:
1 cup sugar
1 cup karo syrup
1 cup peanut butter
Stir until smooth. Pour over 3 cups rice krispies cereal and mix. Press into buttered 9x13 pan.
Melt together 6 oz chocolate chips & 6 oz butterscotch chips. Spread over rice krispie mixture. Cool well before cutting.

2 comments:

Pam said...

This recipe should probably be in the Food Hall of Fame. (Is there such a thing? And if not, there certainly should be!) How can such simple ingredients be turned into something this deeeeelicious?!!!? I may need to whip some of these babies up! I've been craving caramel corn and considered making that but now.....we will see which gooey treat is consumed tonight!

Nicole said...

Bless you my sister! How did I not adore these as a child you ask? I wonder that myself on a daily basis! I am making up for lost time and will be at moms tonight to inhale what I missed out on in my youth!