Note: This recipe makes a mighty large batch. An amount large enough share with family and friends, or to hoard and eat at for days and days on end. (I am certain you can guess what I plan to do with mine!) I used my blender and pulsed multiple batches, then combined. I would describe this as a mix between Joe Vera's, Los Hermanos, and Chile's salsa. I quite like it.
Ingredients:
1-28 ounce can whole tomatoes with juice
2-10 ounce Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic minced
1 whole jalapeno, quartered and sliced thin
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2-1 cup cilantro
1/2 whole lime juice
Directions:
Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you like-I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed. Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour before serving.
1 comment:
This is pretty darn close to Daaaady's. He would advise you to use Alpine Touch, more fresh onions and the secret ingredient is a small can of El Pato jalapeno salsa for extra flavor, don't tell him I gave up the secret!
Post a Comment