I'm not talking about the Do-Si-Do affiliated with square dancing here, but a filled peanut butter cookie that is similar to the girl scout cookie or the much loved (especially by Riley) Nutter Butter sandwich cookie found in your local grocery store. I'm not lying when I say that this might be my favorite cookie of all time. The recipe stated that it makes 18 cookies, and I wasn't sure if that would be enough so I went ahead and doubled it. Man am I glad I did! These babies are good, real good. You are going to want to bake these ASAP, give me a call when they are ready and I will come right over for a quality check.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies with Peanut Butter Filling
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
Cream together and add:
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
Stir dry ingredients together and then add to creamed butter mixture.
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal
Drop by teaspoons or cookie scoop onto baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes. Cool for one minute before removing from baking sheet to cooling rack.
Filling
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
Cream together and add:
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
Beat until creamy and smooth.
Spread cooled cookie with filling and top with another cookie, pressing to evenly distribute the filling. Serve with a tall glass of cold milk.
2 comments:
These were good. Real good. In fact, the more I ate, they better they tasted. Can someone please explain that to me?
I would like to know why none of these cookies were shared? Especially when my sons name was used in the post!! And especially when peanut butter was involved?!! Someone please explain!
Post a Comment