I tried a new recipe tonight, thinking it might be blog worthy. I spotted a recipe for "Ricotta Gnocchi in a browned butter sage sauce" that I thought sounded interesting. Since I had a HUGE
container of ricotta from Costco in the fridge I figured it would be fun to use some of it and try something different.
For those who might not know what gnocchi is, it is an Italian pasta that is traditionally made from mashed potatoes, Parmesan, egg and a little flour. Then you boil it for a few minutes and they turn into soft pillows of pasta. Instead of mashed potatoes, this recipe substituted ricotta cheese for the mashed potatoes. Then you can use any variety of sauces to create a bowl of deliciousness.
Anyway, I served this up for dinner tonight, Samantha ate one, Lydia wouldn't even try them. Nicole, Jesse and I thought they were pretty tasty, maybe not a new go-to meal but tasty. Dad didn't say a word. So when I asked (confronted him for his non-response), he said. "They were okay, not something I would want very often. I'm not going to go up and induce vomiting or anything, but they were okay." It may be awhile before I cook dinner for Dad again, so that he will appreciate whatever is placed in front of him. Thank you for allowing me to vent! Hope whatever you prepared for dinner was more enjoyable than this meal apparently was...
2 comments:
This is the perfect example of "Mother's Day Hangover". The men in our lives don't want us to get used to pampering and loving words 2 days in a row. This was dad's way of transitioning you right back into reality by making you feel ticked and unappreciated! It's a blessing really!
This is a perfect example of "Mother's Day Hangover". The men in our lives cannot allow us more than one day of honor and papmpering, or we may get used to it. This was just Dad's way of snapping you back into the thankless reality that is wife/motherhood. You should thank him, really!
Post a Comment