Monday, August 29, 2011

Roast Beef Wraps

I saw this recipe in the newspaper and I thought it looked like perfect lake food. Sure enough, it was. Quick to throw together, easy to pack and eat, not to mention a hit. I even thought these could be a yummy appetizer if you sliced the rolls into bite sided discs. YUM!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste
2 teaspoons horseradish
4 tortilla wraps
Baby spinach leaves
1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
1/2 pound thinly sliced swiss cheese
1 seedless cucumber

Directions:
In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, tomato paste and horseradish. Spread one wrap with 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise mixture almost to the edges. Top with 1/4 of the spinach, roast beef and cheese. Peel and cut the cucumber lengthwise in 8 slices. Place 2 slices of cucumber horizontally at the middle. Fold edges of wrap over and roll up jellyroll style. Wrap in plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut each sandwich in half.

No comments: