Sunday, September 25, 2011

Cobbler

This recipe comes straight from Aunt Joan's kitchen and is nothing short of stellar! On the bottom of the recipe card she wrote, "Great eating!" I couldn't agree with her more!

Ingredients:
3 cups fresh apples or peaches
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, melted

Directions:
Slice fruit into a square baking dish. Sprinkle fruit with cinnamon and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and egg until it resembles moist corn meal. Sprinkle mixture over fruit then drizzle the flour mixture with the melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I recommend doubling the topping and baking it in a shallow pan so that the topping gets nice and crusty and bakes all of the way through! We ate this tonight and it was absolutely delicious! I also added a teaspoon of vanilla and a dash of almond extract when I was mixing up the eggs.