Sunday, January 31, 2010

Coconut Syrup

As all of you know, I am totally obsessed with breakfast products of every kind. I even made a recipe the other day for baked apple oatmeal. Who does that? This is a simple recipe that can transform your simple Bisquick pancakes into a wondrous delight! My favorite way is to top my pancake, waffle, or french toast with fresh fruit and then a drizzle or two (or six) of this syrup. Enjoy!

One more thing, I can't decide which recipe I prefer, this one, or the one posted here that I serve with my banana pancakes. If you have a preference, please let me know!

Ingredients:
1 cube butter
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon coconut extract

Directions:
Place butter, buttermilk and sugar in a pot. Turn stove on medium and stir until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and boil for one minute. Remove from heat and add soda and flavoring. It will bubble up; just continue to stir and give it a few minutes for the fizz to reduce before serving.

Side note: if you don't have buttermilk, just measure a little less than 3/4 cup regular milk, then top it off with white vinegar. Instant buttermilk!

2 comments:

Pam said...

I think the only way to compare the two recipes would be in a side-by-side taste test. I would be willing sample them both, I know I'm extremely thoughtful that way!) Do we need waffles or pancakes or can we just use a spoon!?

Pam said...

TO SAMPLE, I would be willing TO sample, always preview your posts!