Monday, February 22, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

This dish is my go-to meal for just about everything! If I am hosting BUNKO, taking a meal to someone, or feeding a crowd this is most likely what you'll get. It's quick and easy! And everyone seems to love it! Well, everyone but Riley! I don't really measure a lot of the ingredients so these are just estimates. You can control the heat by adding more or less green chilies. I also recommend preparing it a day ahead and letting it sit in the fridge overnight.

Stir together:
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
2 small cans of chopped green chilies
1/4 cup milk

Flour tortillas torn into bite size pieces
2 Cups shredded mexican cheese

In a baking dish make a layer of torn tortillas. Then spread half of chicken/soup mixture over the top and sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat!
Bake at 35o degrees for 30-45 minutes until hot and bubbly.

These can also easily be transformed into cheese enchiladas for all of your weirdo meatless friends and sisters!

2 comments:

Pam said...

I was wondering when someone would get around to posting this family favorite! Riley just may be the only person I know that doesn't love this dish. Interesting that he will eat all of the ingredients, just not if they have been combined and baked in the same pan!

BRooKe said...

Yea! I am excited to make this yummy dish! I do have a question though... is there no enchilada sauce that I add?