Sunday, January 2, 2011

Corn Salsa

This little beauty comes from my old roommate Anna. She introduced me to this salsa and I am embarrassed to say how much we made it. I'm certain that this was in the fridge for 75% of our time together as roomies. That being said, I still make and enjoy it often. You should too.

Ingredients:
1 can corn
1 can black eyed peas
2 avocados
3 tomatoes
1/2-1 bunch cilantro
1 package Good Seasons Italian dressing

Directions:
Drain corn and black eyed peas and dump into a large bowl. Dice avocados and tomatoes and put into bowl. Chop cilantro and add. Prepare the dressing according to the directions on the package and pour on top of other ingredients. Gently stir together. Serve with chips.

Just for the record, this is one of those recipes where the ingredient amounts totally depend on your taste. If you love avocado, add more. If cilantro isn't your thing, use less. Play around with it and find your perfect mix.

1 comment:

BRooKe said...

Thank you for posting...and so quick! This means I can make me up a batch real soon!